Buyers Information Resource
Buying a home should be a wonderful experience, whether it’s your first or tenth time. But because it is such a big investment and often your greatest ever, it can also be an intimidating process. There are financial and legal issues, inspections and negotiations and it’s important that you understand the real estate market to make a sound purchasing decision.
Your first order of business should be to find a professional REALTOR® with whom you trust & feel comfortable. Together, we (Deb & Dave) offer plenty of financial, market & design experience. Nobody knows the Ottawa area real estate market better and we will guide you through the entire process in an open and honest way.
Everyone has individual needs and unique means so, if needed, we can help you figure out what you can afford and where abd when you should buy. We want to really get to know you, to learn about your likes, dislikes, dreams and future plans so that we can sift through available inventory, on your behalf and present to you only those options that are a good fit. This minimizes time wasted evaluating inappropriate properties abd gets you in the right place in a timely fashion.
Sellers naturally want potential buyers to think their property is better than it really is. An important step for buyers, then, is to learn as much about the property and this is why a professional home inspection is so important. This is an essential step before buying a home because a qualified inspector evaluates the various systems in a home, such as electrical, plumbing, the foundation, roof and other structural/system aspects, etc. In addition, a home inspector offers insight and guidance into ongoing home maintenance. You can then decide if and how to proceed, based on the results of the home inspection, using new information, if necessary, in our negotiating strategy.
How can we help you?
- We will listen to you and make sure that we understand your needs
- We can help you figure out what you can afford, with the assistance of a mortgage professional
- We guide you through the entire home-buying process from securing financing right through to possession
- We weed through all that is available & present to you only what is appropriate
- We help you get the right home at the right price in the right area
- We can offer information about schools, parks, shops and other amenities in the areas that you’re interested in
- We offer advice about your rights, responsibilities and obligations as a home owner
- We can even provide you with leads to quality home service suppliers/contractors
As experienced business people and seasoned real estate sales representatives, we can handle all of the financial negotiations and ensure you pay fair market value for your new home.